Started in 1997 by Paul and Milissa Manfre, PowerAthlete (formally Power Enterprises Inc.) is a gym founded on the idea to combine innovation with personal experience creating the highest quality service in building stronger adult and youth athletes using our custom tailored programs.
Through our education, coaching, accountability and community support we provide the road-map to optimal health: Mind, Body and Nutrition.
University of Dayton Graduates
Licensed Sports/Corrective Massage Therapist (Licensed in Ohio)
Licensed Athletic Trainer (National Athletic Trainer Association)
Certified Exercise Physiologist (American College of Sports Medicine)
Certified Strength and Conditioning Coach (National Strength and Conditioning Association
Certified Personal Trainer (National Strength and Conditioning Association)
Corrective Exercise Specialist (National Academy of Sports Medicine)
Certified Combine Preparation Specialist (i360)
Certified High School Strength and Conditioning Coach (IYCA)
Certified Speed and Agility Coach (Athletes Acceleration Inc.)
"My daughter, Kenzie, transitioned from Beacon Orthopedics to PowerAthlete after being diagnosed with patellofemoral syndrome and a herniated disk in her lower back. She was free of pain, but not ready to jump right back onto the soccer field. We became part of PowerAthlete’s Bridge Program. I was thoroughly impressed with Paul’s knowledge, his staff, and the environment that she would be working in. They started her out with a full hour-long evaluation that consisted of several exercises that they documented and videotaped, so we as a family could see her deficiencies as well as track her progress throughout this journey. They did a complete analysis and determined right away that both of her injuries were directly related to weak hips, hamstrings and glute muscles which is a common thing in girls her age. Paul and his staff designed a program specific to what she needed to strengthen and build those areas, as well as her core. The staff at PowerAthlete made it a fun, yet very challenging environment. She wanted to go, which made me happy as a parent. After about 10 sessions they videotaped her again doing the same exercises as she did in the evaluation. It was amazing to see her results after 5 short weeks! It literally brought me to tears. She’s back on the field again faster and stronger than ever thanks to the Bridge Program. Kenzie will continue to workout at PowerAthlete for many years to come. I cannot say enough about what the staff at PowerAthlete does for these kids, not only as athletes, but for their “whole person.” The training is tough on them to make them better, yet encouraging every step of the way! I would highly recommend this Bridge Program if you have an athlete trying to bridge the gap from injury to recovery."
Injury Bridge Program
BRIDGE PROGRAM - BACK TO THE FIELD STRONGER, FASTER, SAFER!
Contact Us today concerning your Post Physical therapy Bridge program needs.
Our Bridge program is designed to successfully fill the gap between being cleared from physical therapy and being 100% ready to get back to playing the sport you love!
INJURY PREVENTION IS PART OF ALL PROGRAMS
All programs at PowerAthlete (Adult and Athlete) include injury prevention training for Shoulders, Knees and Lower Back/Core
Estimates are that there are 200,000 ACL injuries alone in the United States each year. Estimated cost for treatment exceeds a billion dollars annually
Female athletes are exposed to higher stresses at the knee joint due to the structure of their hips and knees in relation to male athletes. As a result, female athletes must make more effort to ensure that they can move in mechanically efficient ways. They also require an emphasis on developing their posterior chain (low back, glutes, and hamstrings) to help with stabilization of their knees.
Studies show the techniques to slow down, stop and land, when taught and practiced are as high as 80%-90% effective in reducing the chance of injuries. Across genders, injury prevention and increased performance are built on proper deceleration and landing techniques.
What Makes Us Different
- Our training staff has an average of 20 years experience in strength and conditioning and sports medicine. We have sat for, and passed all of the current top tier certifications in the field of strength and conditioning, fitness and sports medicine.
- Small Group Size = High level of coaching. Small session sizes allows our coaching staff to instruct and supervise our athletes very closely. We do not herd athletes through cookie cutter programs and spit them out. Programs are customized and scaled to each of the individuals in the small group by their coach leader.
- Specialized programming. Regardless if you are an D1 bound football player, an adult tennis player trying to improve your game, or a post physical therapy ACL patient, your program will be thoroughly periodized, programmed and designed for you. Nothing is random about our training sessions.
- Not an open gym. All clients/athletes follow a specifically designed program for their needs.
- Our Adult weight/HIIT programming uses heart rate monitoring to produce high levels of post-exercise oxygen consumption (EPOC) which is the key to extended periods of increased metabolism and fat loss
- We offer clients a community, not a gym. We offer a place for motivated, like-minded individuals to train and reach goals together.
- Myzone Personal Effort Monitors. We have partnered with myzone to provide the number 1 rated system to track effort levels while training. Using this system we can individualize your workout experience so you can get the most out of your experience with us at PowerAthlete
Preparing Athletes for sports and Adults for life for over 20 years.
Power Enterprises/PowerAthlete is a Centerville, Ohio based elite level Strength and Conditioning training facility.
We train two distinct populations: Adults and High School/College Athletes.
Adult Functional Training Training is a perfect mix of burning fat and building muscle while improving your strength, endurance, balance, speed, and coordination.By using Polar Heart Rate Monitoring Technology, we connect science to fitness. Heart rate driven interval training makes you look and feel like a well-rounded athlete.
PowerAthlete Sports Training Sessions are designed to produce athletes that are brutally fast, durable, strong and armored to resist injury.
144 Westpark Rd.
Centerville OH 45459
Our U8-U14 speed and agility class is intended to teach movement skills to developing athletes. We will teach acceleration, deceleration, change of direction proper jump and sprint mechanics as well as body control. These sessions are purposely not sports specific. We are looking to build a complete athlete.
strong, fast, powerful and safe
Giving back to those that give so much...
We offer job specific training so that first responders can be confident that they can safely and effectively do their jobs. First responders also receive a 25% discount on training as a thank you for their service